Note: This is a stub of notes without substantiation. Incorporate theminto another page?
- api request -\> stack of transformations -\> sent to application logicback and forth
- this allows older apis to transform up the stack into a modern server
- when distributing: need compatibility of multiple schemas
- what would it look like to have good tools for handling distributedsystems in a systematic way? (shotgun parsing - parsing by ifstatements - riddling code with little tests and hoping things stick.tools like protobuf in the long term means only adding optionalfields, and eventually the data schema has entirely optional types -how do you know what's still relevant at all?)
manage schema compatibility separate from application logic!
- provide data transformations; 'bidirectional lenses' - onetransformation for the whole schema, as written in a DSL.
- graph of connected schemas and associated lenses. show how theschemas connect with those lenses
- automatically translates data at runtime
- provides ts type definitions as well as JSON schemas for your code.json's checkable at runtime as needed!
- integration with Automerge CRDT
- what is the pushpin architecture (from ink and switch?)