Cooking is awesome. I'm intimidated by the process just like any other skill when I'm out of practice - cooking well takes time to learn. Managing expiration dates is difficult. The fridge feels like a ticking time bomb. Avocados mold in two weeks. When you're comfortable with your tools, cooking food is one of the best things you can do.
I think it's important for what I eat and make to be minimal. If I buy minimally processed ingredients myself, the end result will be simple and healthy for me; the more processed an ingredient is, the more likely the food is to have health consequences. Stick to whole, unprocessed foods when possible, and make things with few ingredients.
- Cooking with minimalism
- Minimalist baking. These aren't actually minimalist, but they all look like good recipes!
- seasoning a cast iron with chemistry
- good bowls
example bowl momtips:
- start with base; quinoa, brown rice, pasta
- add toppings: roasted veggies, raw chopped veggies, cheese, beans
- crunch: seeds, chips, chickpeas, croutons
- sauce, dressing, salsa, sour cream, yogurt
- chopped chicken or browned meat alternative on top of that
- good reference for meatless pasta recipe suggestions
- Vegetarian stuffed peppers yummm
- meanrecipe: find the mean recipe for a given item
- GitHub - openfarmcc/OpenFarm: A free and open database for farming and garden…
- Grocy: scraping Online food Recipes \#210
- Scraping recipe websites: Ben Awad
- ingredients: extract ingredients from a recipe online
Love recipes, but I can do a far better job organizing these than inorg-mode files! Need to make my own syntax for expressing them so that Ican generate a cool, interactive cooking instruction website (inspiredby ICA's website: the best cooking website that I've ever seen, Ithink).
- Äppelkladdkaka med kanelfrosting \| Recept ICA.se
- What Is Water Kefir? Benefits, Uses and Recipe
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe \| Bon Appetit
- Focaccia Bread
- Awesome tofu with two eggs
- Watch this guy for recipes!
- Quarantine bagels from a hacker
- Apple dumplings
- Panini bread
- Pie crust
- Apple cinnamon oatmeal
- Homemade Soft Pretzels Recipe \| Alton Brown \| Food Network
- Baked Salmon
- Chicken Fajitas.Success!! Use extra lime and other spices and top with cilantro. Use more chicken than usual as well, the recipe is a bit light - 2 lbs is good.
- Cookie and Kate: good source for vegetarian recipes.
- Swedish saffron buns
- Quick vegetarian dishes
- Spicy braised tofu. A classic.
- Mexican brown rice
- Stovetop popcorn