Notes on how to best spend a career making an impact.
- 80,000 hours in career
- worth spending 1% of career to make the rest of the career slightlymore impactful
- make sure to have a real positive impact
- focus on jobs that definitively put yourself in a better position
- there isn't much else to it
- effective altruism is their biggest solution - but this doesn't work.
- how much do you do every year? realistically, what will you get to doin the future?
- what do you have the chance to do? what's important for you to do?reflect on this and visualize it.
- Living in the same place with the people you love matters.
- Priorities are so imcredibly important.
- Quality time is incredibly valuable. Value the time you spend withothers and treat it as such.
- Come back to write these things down!